Saturday, April 23, 2011

Kale salad #1

    
I eat a lot of kale, I love it. I find slicing it very thin makes it an easy to eat flavorful salad green.  This is one of many variations of kale salad I make regularly.  This version is probably my favorite.  It is simple, nutritious and it stores well for eating the next day if needed.

3C  Kale, sliced thin
2C  Vegetables, raw and assorted (anything you have works well)
2T  Sunflower seeds, raw unsalted
2T  Almonds,  raw unsalted
3T  Nutritional yeast
1T  Chia seeds
3T  Garlic Spinach Hummus
2T  Lemon juice


     Combine the first four ingredients in a large bowl and mix well by hand.  Add remaining ingredients in a separate bowl and mix with a fork until dressing is mixed well.  Pour the dressing over the salad mix and work with hands until all is coated well( I use gloves to really work it in)  ENJOY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment