Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Super Arugula Salad



     This salad has become one of my go-to recipes lately.  This was dinner tonite and Knew it had to be blogged a.s.a.p.  If you like the peppery flavor of fresh baby arugula then this is for you too!

3C    Baby arugula
1/2C Green cabbage, shredded
1/2    Red pepper, diced
1       Carrot, diced
1T     Nutty citrus UN-soy dressing ( see recipe from 4.19.11)
1T     Classic Hummus
1T     Nutritional yeast
1T     Chia seeds
3T     Sunflower seeds, raw unsalted

     In a LARGE bowl, combine all ingredients and mix well.  I use rubber gloves when I mix all of my salads so that I can work it all in as well as I can.  Divide on 2 plates and top with more chia seeds and more yeast.  Its a great easy way to get maximum nutrients in a tasty package.  ENJOY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment