Tuesday, April 19, 2011

White Bean and Mango Burritos

  

     This burrito I created  last week at work and we could not keep them in stock! They flew as fast as I put them out.  Its a real nice and healthy play on the traditional pork mango quesadilla. I love this heated piping hot, but others liked it cold...go figure.


2C White beans, cooked, unsalted
1C Mango, large dice
1C Cilantro
1Tb Red chili flakes
1ts Cayanne powder
1T Nutritional yeast
1Tb Cumin
1ts Garlic powder
4-6 Large whole wheat tortillas( as healthy as you can get them)


     Combine all ingredients except the tortillas in a large bowl, mix by hand until incorperated.  Seperate 1/4 of the mixture and run in food processor for 30 seconds.  Add processed mixture to the bowl again and mix by hand.  This will give the mixture a more solid feel and pieces of beans will not be falling out when you bite or cut it.  Finally soften the tortillas by putting over an open flame on you're stove, over a grill or in the microwave for a few seconds.  This will make them easier to roll and move without cracking.  Place a at least a half cup at the bottom of the tortilla, roll over forward 1 turn, fold sides in and then continue to roll to the end. Place on sheet tray and bake for 10-15 min at 325 degrees.  ENJOY!!

2 comments:

  1. Your recipes look phenomenal. I'm so glad that I found you on Dr. F's member center. I think you are going to be providing me and my blog with a lot of inspiration!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tried this over the weekend and it will be a regular in our house from now on. Can't wait to make it again. And by the way, I like it piping hot too.

    ReplyDelete